The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Friday, September 11, 2009

gO! Runner of the Day- Michelle Banda


My name is Michelle, that’s plain to see
And no other place than Roseville I’d be.
As of today, I am 31.
So why, you ask, is it that I run?

Wife to Isaac (need I say more?)
And mom to Allia, who you’ll find I adore.
While I’d rather be a mom at home to stay,
A legal secretary is what they call me by day.

I have been running for the last two years
Through aches and pains and even a few tears.
No Boundaries I joined at the very start
Only to find that ways we could not part.

gO! was then created, we all had a home,
Even though Josh had a tendency to roam.
Despite all the runs (and fun) that he missed,
We had Gary and Anne, always willing to assist.

I swore one half, and that would be it.
No more running for me, on the sideline I’d sit.
But no, I was addicted, completely hooked
And in less than one month, my next half was booked.

Triathlons came next, a new addiction I had
Two halves and two tri’s in my first year…not bad!
Two halves and one tri up until now in year two
With one half and one full still left on the calendar to do.

One half and one full to complete back to back
Is my ultimate goal that I currently attack!
Although I cannot be called in any way “fast”
I give it my all and always have a blast!

Other hobbies include making cakes, cupcakes and such
Scrapbooking is fun, but I don’t get to do it much.
Disney is my other obvious vice,
Goofy is my goal and I’ve done DL twice!

Grow up? Really? I’d rather not.
I’m having too much fun with all that I’ve got!
I’m sure I’ll always continue to grow,
How can I not, with a great group like gO!

(Top that, Josh!)

5 comments:

  1. GREAT! Absolutely love it, but I believe you have awoken the poetic beast in me. Stay tuned.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it... :-)

    (Oh, and it's not my birthday.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome poem Michelle and congrats on your running! :)

    ReplyDelete