The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

gO! Runner of the Day- Heather Clark


My name is Heather Clark. I hit the landmark age of 40 in 2009 and feel like I am in the best shape I have been in since high school. My husband and I have been married for 18 years and we have three sons - 18, 16 & 14. Boy Scouts has been a big influence in our family for the last 12 years. Our oldest is an Eagle Scout and the other two are still working toward that goal. For the last 13+ years I have worked for a Finanical Planner in Roseville. In addition to managing the office, I have my insurance and securities licenses and am currently studying to take the Series 24 exam. I started running back in grade school with the Roseville Gazelles. After graduating from high school, life happened. Work, children, scouting and other things took up my days. In January 2008 I made a commitment to myself to get back into shape. The turning point was when I realized I weighed the same then as I had when I was pregnant! I started going to the gym and running 1 day a week with a training group preparing for the Run Rocklin 5k. In August 2008 my gym closed and my husband introduced me to Gary & Anne(I think he may regret that day). That's when everything changed! I went from someone who ran because she needed to, to someone who ran because she enjoyed it. The support and friendships that I have gained from the gO! group have been amazing! After deciding to move up from a 5k to 10k in 2009(ha,ha, what 10k?), I am currently training for my second 1/2 marathon in October at the Nike Women's event in San Francisco. I am hoping to finish in under 2:15. In addition to running, I enjoy gardening, camping, hiking, reading, scouting and BBQing with friends and family. I am also on the Sober Grad Night committee at Whitney High School. When I grow up I want to be a world traveller!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've accomplished so much Heather. Congratulations on your running achievements too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring. So glad you joined us at gO!

    ReplyDelete