Congratulations!! You are just days away from completing the 5K you have been training 10 weeks for! As many experienced running/endurance sports coaches will tell you, "it's the training that is the true challenge, the race itself is a piece of cake!" So with that said, good job and go out there and enjoy the rewards of your hard work. Since this is the first race and/or fun run that many of you have done, I wanted to give you lots of logistical info to be sure everyone has a smooth and enjoyable experience. So.....
No Excuses 5K Details:
- When: Monday (5/31), 8:30am race start (you should arrive no later than 8am)
- Where: William Land Park- corner of Freeport Blvd. and Sutterville Rd. in Sacramento- next to Sacramento Zoo.
- Registration- If you have not already done so, register at: http://www.noexcuses5k.com/htmls/registration.html
- Packet Pickup- For most races such as this you get a registration "packet." This packet will have your race number (bib), your timing chip (attaches to your shoe and times your race as you cross over timing mats), race shirt, and many other goodies and give-aways. You may pick up your race packet and/or pre-register from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday, May 28th and from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Saturday May 29th, at Fleet Feet Sports, 2311 J Street, Sacramento, or at the race site in Land Park on Race Day. THERE IS NO PACKET PICKUP OR PRE-REGISTRATION ON SUNDAY, MAY 30TH! Fortunately the gO! Group makes a habit of helping each other out with picking up the packets as a group. If you would like your packet picked up by one of us, please enter your name on the "Who's Racing Where" spreadsheet at the bottom of the blog (just click on the "CLICK HERE TO LIST YOURSELF FOR A RUN!! " to access the spreadsheet. We will then distribute the packets on race morning when we meet up.
- Carpooling- We will meet at the Park and Ride between In N Out and Sunsplash on Taylor Rd. at 7am Monday morning. We will pile in as few cars as needed and drive down together.
- Parking- If you decide to drive yourself, the best place to park is typically in the Sac City College parking lot across from the park at the corner of Freeport Blvd. and Sutterville Rd.
- Group Meeting Spot- We will all gather starting around 7:45 at the Fleet Feet Roseville Tent.
- "Age Graded Race"- You may notice this is an age graded race. What that means is that for the official results, finish times are adjusted based on age and gender. It is a formula that attempts to neutralize advantages of youth and/or gender. You can read more about it at http://www.runsacraceseries.com/agegrading
- NoBo Gear- KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!! We are hoping the gear comes in by race day. We are pretty sure the jackets will be in, but the shirts are a big question. Look for updates on the blog!!