- 26.2 miles in 3 hours 2 minutes
- A pace that is faster than 38 of the 44 recorded 5K PR's on our gO! log
- At that pace, Joe could run across the country (SF to NYC) in exactly 2 weeks.
- It is faster than the top reported speed of a house mouse (8.0 mph)
- He burned an estimated 1018 cal/hour... or a Big Mac and Large Fry per hour
- He ran the equivalent of 105 laps (400m), non-stop, around the track while averaging 1:43 per lap.
- An average "mobility/handicap" scooter could not keep up with Joe's marathon pace as they max out at 8mph.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Congrats to Joe for SMASHING his Boston qualifying time (3:10) and punching his ticket to the 2012 Boston Marathon! Joe flew through the Santa Rosa course at a 6:56/mile pace to stop the clock at 3 hours and 2 minutes! Incredible! Here it is by the numbers...
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Congratulations to Laurie Beyer who has taken gO! to a new level by being the first to have recorded over 3,000 gO! miles. That is the equivalent of running from Sculpture Park in Roseville, CA to the easternmost end of Long Island, NY. Way to gO! Laurie! You rock!