The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Monday, October 12, 2009

gO! Runner of the Day- Tim Casagrande







Name: Timothy Lee Casagrande Lee is also my father's middle name. Casagrande is an Italian word for Bighouse or the term for an orphanage. My ancestor was dropped off at an orphanage in northern Italy by Maria before migrating here 5 generations ago.
Age Division: Just jumped up to the 30-39 age group (the toughest division)
Where I live: Rocklin in a rental house
Employment: UPS : Plant Engineering in West Sacramento (yes, I used to work at the Hub 1/2 mile away from my house in Rocklin)
Family: You all know my family. Tosha (younger than me), Alyssa (10), Ava (3), Hadley (1)
Running Background: I only began running 4-1/2 years ago. I have run 35 running races and triathlon/duathlons. My last duathlon I finally earned my first ever 1st place finish; I was the only one on my age group!!
Favorite Race: Apple Hill Harvest run
Worst race: Bizz Johnson Marathon (really good stories though); body broke down at mile 16!
Race I want to do again someday: Bizz Johnson
Other races I want to done someday: Western States 100, Pike's Peak Marathon, Badwater, Comrades Ultramarathon (Africa), Athens Marathon and/or anything else that sounds crazy
Current Running Goal: 1/2 Ironman next September in sub 5-1/2 hours. http://tbfracing.com/events/tbfhit.html
Other Hobbies: Sac State Mechanical Engineer student...am I allowed to have other hobbies? I used to camp, hike, read books, watch movies, etc etc
When I grow up, I want to be... Josh
Headphones?: No, almost never
Why I run: two reasons: I'm super competitive and I need the peace and serenity of nature and my own heartbeat gently beating in my ears to maintain my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment