The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Run With The Werewolves!!


Call me crazy, but.....

If you dare, I invite all the gO! Freaks out for a midnight romp through the haunted woods on Halloween night! In the spirit of Halloween, I plan to run a 12 mile trail in the hills up near Foresthill (Divide Loop) starting to the howls of the werewolves as the clock strikes MIDNIGHT! This will be what I like to call a "MENTAL run/challenge" for the ages for all of those that are up for it. We will start when our bodies and minds want to go to bed and run the cold, dark, scary, hilly, long, and very challenging trail. Why? Because we can! And because mile 22 of CIM/Vegas just won't seem that bad with this experience on your training resume!

Let me know if your freakish enough to join me!


**Sorry to those folks doing the Harvest Run Sunday morning, I just could not pass up the Saturday night-Halloween opportunity!

**There will no longer be a formal Sunday morning run at Bicycles plus due to the Harvest Run and the new "Halloween Run with the Werewolves!" An informal run will take place at Sculpture Park for those interested.

7 comments:

  1. Where do you come up with this stuff?!? Ok, we're in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In everyone's best interest, I'll pass on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound fun. If I find a good enough light, I might be game

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am calling you crazy!

    Have fun and make lots of noise so the mountain lions don't get you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who needs a light? The moon is near full. I am IN

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is crazy. Look, there's a group of us. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I can let you have all the fun without me.

    ReplyDelete