The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

gO! Runner of the Day- Michael Fogarty


Name: Michael Fogarty (No, I’m not related to John Fogerty from Creedence Clearwater Revival. He spells his name wrong).
I’m 43, married to Julie and have two children Kenzie (7), Kyle (5) whom I affectionally refer to as “my rodents”. Twelve years ago I escaped to Roseville to start Princeton Solutions Group, an IT consulting company after a career in the Fortune 500 world and Dot-Com startup frenzy.
I started running because Julie thought she wanted to start running. I figured “great now I have an excuse to start”. I grabbed my laptop and found the No-boundaries posting on Fleet Feet website. Running is a release, a time to think, or not. I use to run while in high school and college, I just need a push to start again; plus I needed a summer sport beyond yard work.
I don’t have hobbies, I have obsessions: Music, Snowboarding and now Running
I play Lead Guitar for Soul Distortion, a Hard Rock/Metal band here in Sacramento check us out at http://www.souldistortion.com/
In the winter I spend as much time on the mountain snowboarding as possible. If you want to play hooky Julie and I go to Northstar every Friday there is snow. Saturday and Sunday are reserved for riding with he rodents.
As for running I have no elaborate goal other than to improve, have fun running and enjoy the camaraderie that is gO!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and nice family photo. I love these biographies. --Anne

    ReplyDelete