The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Friday, November 13, 2009

gO! Runner of the Day- Julie Fogarty

Then.......
Now......
Hi, I'm Julie Fogarty and I'm a runner. I can say that! Ha! Along with my other half, Michael,we've been running since we joined the No Boundaries group in March 09. Unfortunately I didn'tget to run in the NoBo race with the group, so my first race was on July 4th in Run the Crime out ofRoseville.I run in the 44-49 age group. So far I have run in several 5k races, a couple of 10k races and one1/2 marathon (see picture above: cowtown). I can't believe I ran in a 1/2 marathon. My PR was 2:28.Pretty good for a first time. I have signed up for the 1/2 marathon in the Run the River race on Nov 14th.I also will be running in the CIM as a member of the relay team: gO Team 2.I want to be a triathlete when I grow up. Next year I will be participating in at least one triathlon,maybe Eppie's Great Race. Though I don't know anything about Kayaking... Yet! I know that thereare other triathlons out at Rancho Seco that I'll have to check out.We have 2 kids, Kenzie (7) and Kyle (5). Kenzie runs occasionally, but Kyle doesn't have thestamina yet. He really wants to though. We live in Roseville, right on the Granite Bay/Rosevilleborder. I'm mostly a stay at home mom, and work behind the scenes at Princeton.Our other hobby is snowboarding. I think some of you even saw some of the pictures.We board in the winter and run the rest of the year. It's awesome!As you can see from my pictures there is quite a big difference from the before and after.I had gastric bypass surgery in April 2008. I lost 115 lbs. and I run to maintain, my health and my fitness.I never thought I would be a runner though. Run on....

5 comments:

  1. Great before and after shot. I'll see you at Rancho Seco: www.tbfracing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Julie! Do check out tbf. I recommend the Free duathlon (run-bike-run) on January 2nd. We plan to be there. --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - you are an inspiration. What a transformation - Good Luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete