The gO! Running Group is a Roseville based recreational running group that aims to provide group running opportunities for runners of all abilities. Although our focus is primarily on 5K to marathons, we have members who have completed triathlons (including Ironman events) and ultras. We train on both roads and trails. We currently meet three times per week - Sunday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday evenings.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WATCH JOE gO!

There it sits, atop the log,
The time that truly, made me sob!
Is it a typo, or could it be,
That the best is really....NOT ME?!
I trained him, and pushed to get super fast,
But he has left me beaten, humbled, and aghast!
It may not be a sub-eighteen,
But beating my PR, now that's just mean!
My young Jedi has turned and gone, to the dark side,
Now I just want to delete my time.... and hide.
I'm not competitive, and I really don't care....
Screw that, he's going down, and I will not play fair!
Come now Isaac, Tim, and Dave,
My pride is what I seek to save.
Train I will, like an addicted feign,
More than ever, I need sub-eighteen!
I have always said, "Joe, listen to me and follow,"
But beat me?! Now the group, will have to watch you gO!
Here me now, I declare a duel,
The track will burn like rocket fuel!
Joe VS Josh, the teamwork is gone,
Stand back, watch out, the race is on!!

1 comment: